To ensure your success as a host and that your guests have the best possible experience when choosing to stay with you, there are seven core hospitality standards we require EzyStayz hosts to abide by:
• Ensure your profile and listing pages are accurate and up to date, and correctly reflect what you are offering.
• Check that your pricing options are clear and in-line with the listing(s) you are offering
• Be responsive to guests prior to and throughout their stay, ideally responding to any queries or issues they have within 24 hours
• After a booking has been confirmed, ensure you communicate with your guests and notify them of any changes that may affect the advertised listing
• When you decide to accept a guest's booking request, ensure you are able to honor that booking in-line with the advertised listing
• If for any reason you have to cancel a confirmed booking, communicate with the guest immediately and, if possible, assist them in making alternative arrangements
• Ensure you thoroughly clean every area of your space prior to your guests' arrival, including any bedding, towels and cooking utensils they may be using during their stay.
• Remember that you can always add a cleaning fee to your listing if you wish to hire professional cleaners
• We recommend you provide some basic essentials for your guests, including things like soap, toilet paper, cooking utensils and perhaps an umbrella in case of bad weather! Make sure you identify these clearly in your listing so guests know what they need to bring with them and what they can leave at home.
• A few extra little touches go a long way, so consider leaving things like mini shampoo and conditioners in the bathroom or milk and bread in the kitchen. They'll cost you very little and help to make your guest's stay extra special.
Arriving at a new and unfamiliar destination can be daunting, so make it as easy as possible for your guests by:
• Outlining to your guests a clear check-in procedure for their arrival
• Offering your guests a couple of different contact methods to get in touch with you
• Explaining to your guests how to collect the keys – will you meet them or leave them in a lockbox or with a neighbour?
• Offering detailed directions to help them reach your location on arrival
• Be available for guests to contact you during their stay and assist them with any queries or issues they may have
• Provide a friendly list of "house rules" to ensure their expectations meet your own
• Help your guests make the most of their destination by creating a guidebook for their stay
• Make sure the check-out process is as clear and easy as check-in!